Are you a woman Bible teacher who has benefitted from the Charles Simeon Trust’s Workshops or Online Courses for years? Would you love to dedicate two weeks to studying the Bible and sharpening your expositional teaching skills? The Chicago Course Intensive for Women is for you. Every summer we gather women who are well acquainted with the Charles Simeon Trust to train in the Philadelphia area. Modeled after the Chicago Course on Preaching, the Chicago Course Intensive for Women seeks to bring the best of the Course to women who are unable to attend the Course.
The goal is simple: bring experienced women together to make progress in teaching by working with other experienced Bible teachers under the guidance of competent instructors.
- Each week we focus on a different biblical genre. The 2024 Intensive for Women will be given to the study of Epistles (Colossians) and Old Testament History (2 Samuel).
- Each week includes instruction on genre principles, elements of persuasion, and the study of teachers from the past and present.
- Students complete 12 worksheets and give two expositions in a small group setting.
- Tuition is $400.00.
- Room and board are to be arranged by the student.
- Dates: June 2-14, 2024. Class begins Sunday, June 2, 4pm-6pm followed by a welcome dinner. Class then meets Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9:30am – 4:15pm.
Location: The Intensive is located at Windsor Baptist Church in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
Requirements: Due to the intentionally limited number of spaces we have, some applicants may not be selected. While many factors go into determining who the participants will be there are three minimum requirements –
- Be a Bible teacher who teaches regularly in your local context.
- Have attended at least three Workshops on Biblical Exposition or taken all six online Genre Courses.
- Commitment to attending all the sessions on all the days.
Apply: To apply for the intensive fill out the online application.
- Applicants will be notified regarding acceptance on March 1