Are you a pastor who has benefitted from the Simeon Trust’s Workshops or Online Courses for years? Would you love to dedicate three weeks to studying the Bible and sharpening your preaching skills? The Chicago Course Intensive is for you. Every July we gather pastors who are well acquainted with the Simeon Trust to train in Chicago. The goal is simple, bring the best of the full Course to help you make progress in preaching by working with other experienced pastors under the guidance of competent instructors.
- Each week we focus on a different biblical genre
- Each week includes instruction on genre principles, elements of persuasion, and the study of preachers from the past
- Students complete 20 worksheets and preach 3 sermons in a small group setting
- Tuition is $600.00
- Room and board is to be arranged by the student – We have a limited amount of housing available for rent, primarily for those coming alone.
Location: The Intensive is located on the South Side of Chicago in the historic neighborhood of Hyde Park at 57th and Blackstone.
Requirements: Due to the intentionally limited number of spaces we have some applicants may not be selected. While many factors go into determining who the participants will be there are two minimum requirements –
- Be a pastor in a local church who preaches at least ten times per year
- Have attended at least four Workshops on Biblical Exposition or taken all six online Genre Courses
For more information on the intensives:
- Summer Intensive 2024 – July 6-26
- Summer Intensive 2025 – July 5-25
- Applicants will be notified regarding acceptance on April 1.
To apply for the intensive fill out the online application.