With the worldwide outbreak of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), the Charles Simeon Trust has made a few changes to its various ministry initiatives. Unfortunately, several Workshops are being cancelled.
However, we are excited to launch three Online Workshops on Biblical Exposition in May. These will be live, interactive Workshops, including Instructional Sessions, Expositions, and Small Groups. For more information, visit our Online Workshop webpages on Acts, John, and Ecclesiastes.
The spring term of the Chicago Course has been delayed and compressed, but will continue both online and hopefully in person. The Online Courses remain open to all and special bulk pricing is available. Simply get in touch to take advantage.
We are offering the following advice and accommodations for future in-person Workshops and the Chicago Course:
- We are encouraging best practices to stop the spread of any disease, including: washing hands, keeping safe distance, covering coughs and sneezes, and staying home if sick. For further information on best practices, please consult the CDC advice.
- We are encouraging all participants who are in high risk categories (older adults and those with underlying chronic medical conditions), to stay home in order to reduce risk of exposure. For more information about these categories, please consult the CDC advice.
- Workshop hosts are being encouraged to properly clean and disinfect facilities where Workshops are taking place. The Charles Simeon Trust is in contact with hosts regarding both cleaning procedures and this statement.
- Anyone who wishes to cancel a Workshop registration in the United States or Canada, due to concerns about the outbreak, will be given a full refund. Please contact the Charles Simeon Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel a registration and request a refund. Registrations for Workshops in other countries are handled by the host churches and should be directed to them for processing.
If you have any questions or other concerns, please contact the Charles Simeon Trust at email@example.com.
Currently affected locations include:
- Calgary, March 24-26, 2020: CANCELLED
- Chicago, March 24-26, 2020: CANCELLED
- Seattle, April 22-24, 2020: CANCELLED
- Portland (Women), April 23-25, 2020: CANCELLED
- Fayetteville, April 29-May 1, 2020: CANCELLED
- Toronto, April 29-May 1, 2020: CANCELLED
- Denver, May 6-8, 2020: CANCELLED
- Wheaton (Illinois), May 6-8, 2020: CANCELLED
- Providence, May 19-21, 2020: CANCELLED
- Southern California, May 20-22, 2020: CANCELLED
- Caguas (Puerto Rico), May 21-23, 2020: CANCELLED
- Lima (Peru), May 26-28, 2020: CANCELLED
- Sevilla (Spain), May 29-30, 2020: CANCELLED
- La Paz (Bolivia), June 4-6, 2020: CANCELLED
- Barcelona (Spain), June 5-6, 2020: CANCELLED
- Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), June 10-12, 2020: CANCELLED (OR POSTPONED)
- Santa Cruz (Bolivia), June 11-12, 2020: CANCELLED
- Yaoundé (Cameroon), June 15-17, 2020: BEING REVIEWED
- Recife (Brazil), June 17-19, 2020: CANCELLED
- Goiânia (Brazil), June 24-26, 2020: CANCELLED
- Dublin (Georgia), August 25-27, 2020: BEING REVIEWED
- Argentina, Colombia, and South Africa in July are under review.